Meet with DA Fellow Mark Lines, CDAC/CDAI to learn how to Implement Disciplined Agile Delivery.
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) is a rich toolkit that allows delivery teams to optimize their way of working (WoW) when delivering sophisticated agile and lean solutions in the enterprise. DAD builds on the existing proven practices from agile methods such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean software development, Kanban, Agile Modelling and others to include all aspects necessary for success in the enterprise. DAD fills in the gaps of mainstream methods by providing guidance on how to effectively plan and kickstart agile/lean teams as well as how to apply a full lifecycle approach, with lightweight milestones, effective metrics, and agile governance.
This workshop is suitable for all team members, including business analysts and product owners. The workshop is also valuable for management tasked with moving from traditional approaches to agile methods.
Participants will receive a free copy of the new book from Mark Lines & Scott Ambler; “Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW)“.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Discover how all aspects of software delivery – architecture, design, testing, programming, leadership, quality assurance, governance – come together in a cohesive whole
- Gain hands-on experience improving your way of working (WoW) in a variety of contexts
- Learn how to avoid costly agile adoption mistakes by starting with the right delivery lifecycle
- Discover how to tailor your WoW to reflect the actual situation you find yourself in
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) in a Nutshell. Learn why it is important to understand how to choose your way of working (WoW). Understand how DAD takes the discipline of mainstream agile methods to an enterprise level to address challenges such as distributed development, risk management, outsourcing, governance, and other more complex scenarios. Overview roles, rights, and responsibilities of DAD teams. Understand how the strategies of DAD are organized into Process Goals. Learn about the six lifecycles that DAD offers so that you can pick the approach that makes sense for each of your teams.
- Sustaining and Enhancing Your Team: This module covers the goals of Grow Team Members, Coordinate Activities, Evolve Way of Working (WoW), Address Risk, Leverage and Enhance Existing Infrastructure, and Govern Delivery Team.
- Successfully Initiating Your Team: Learn how to address the goals of Inception which include Form Teams, Align with Enterprise Direction, Explore Scope, Identify Architecture Strategy, Plan the Release, Develop Test Strategy, Develop Common Vision, and Secure Funding.
- Producing Business Value: In this module we cover the Construction goals of Prove Architecture Early, Address Changing Stakeholder Needs, Produce a Potentially Consumable Solution, Improve Quality, and Accelerate Value Delivery.
- Releasing Into Production: This module covers the goals of Ensure Production Readiness, and Deploy the Solution.
- Beyond development. Disciplined DevOps, Disciplined Agile IT, and the Disciplined Agile Enterprise.
- Tomorrow. A retrospective of how to apply what you’ve learned when you get back to work.
- Preparing for the Certification Test. We wrap up the workshop with some guidance for how to prepare for certification testing. Certification is included in the price of the course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- IT and business practitioners who want to go beyond basics to understand how to apply Agile and Lean strategies in enterprise situations
- Agile delivery teams who want to take their performance to new levels
- Senior IT Management who want to gain a deep understanding of how to take a disciplined approach to agile solution delivery
- Agile practitioners who seek Certification in Disciplined Agile
This course does not cover the basics, therefore you must have at least 6 months experience working in an agile environment in order to attend this course.
- Please view the “Being Disciplined” section on the Introduction resource page before the first day of the workshop
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS CLASS:
“Group exercises reinforce the many choices available as we help you to build your personal toolkit to immediately begin implementing DAD. Participants can expect to leave the workshop with a solid understanding of the DAD toolkit and how to apply it the next day in real-life situations.”
“This Public workshop will use a variety of scenario simulations for exercises which will add significant value for the participants, in essence helping teams to understand new ways to improve their own performance.”
“This workshop is an excellent way to prepare for either the Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) or Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP) tests.”
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Participants receive a copy of Choose Your Wow! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working, Ambler & Lines, 2019.
- This book will be used as the basis for learning and for exercises throughout the workshop, and is your reference guide for implementation in the work place.
- Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist, with free first year membership and full benefits, a $50 US value
- One free Certified Disciplined Agilist test attempt when written within 30 days of the course end date, a $200 US value
- ** If you have earned your CDA designation prior to the start of the workshop, you will receive one free Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner test attempt when written within 30 days of the course end date, a $300 US value
- You can claim 14 PMI PDU’s
- Certification is included within the price of the course
MEET THE TRAINER – MARK LINES
Mark Lines, Managing Partner / DA Fellow, is an Enterprise Agile Coach for Disciplined Agile, Inc. With over 20 years of agile and lean experience, Mark has facilitated global transformations for large and small organizations focusing on enterprise-wide agility including areas outside IT such as product management, governance, finance and HR. He is co-creator of Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) and co-author with Scott Ambler of several books which have been translated into many languages. Mark is a frequent speaker at agile conferences around the world and blogs about Disciplined Agile at DisciplinedAgileDelivery.com <http://disciplinedagiledelivery.com/>. He is also President and a Founding Member of the Disciplined Agile Consortium (DAC), the certification body for Disciplined Agile.
Speak to the training organisers – Adventures with Agile
To speak to the organisers of this course for further details:
- Call: 0203 369 1125
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org